Heifetz Double Bass Studio & Workshop
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020 – Click here to Apply
July 23 – August 9, 2020
The Heifetz Institute will welcome double bass students to our summer campus, with an intensive two-week program led by Samuel Suggs, the first solo bassist in 36 years to join the Concert Artists Guild roster and professor at James Madison University’s School of Music.
Students enrolled in the bass workshop will receive two private lessons per week, a weekly studio-performance class, be assigned to chamber ensembles with other Heifetz students, and participate in all other Heifetz Institute activities, including Performance and Communication Training classes.
Audition guidelines for the new program may be found here.
Enrollment will be limited, so get in your application now! Click here to begin your application.
Tuition and Fees for the 2020 Heifetz Double Bass Workshop:
Tuition, Room & Board – $2,100.00
- Weekly private lessons, classroom instruction, and coachings with studio teachers
- Access to all other Institute instruction, Communication Training classes, master classes, group studio class, rehearsal time with collaborative pianist, etc.
- Room & Board, including air-conditioned double-occupancy dorm rooms, dedicated practice rooms, dining facilities, and parking permits on the Mary Baldwin University campus in Staunton, VA
Student Activities & Transportation – $50.00
- Weekly student activities (ranging from hiking trips around the Shenandoah Valley to residence hall pizza parties)
- Transportation to and from student activity locations.
- Guaranteed transportation to and from IAD, CHO, or SHD airports and STA or CVS train stations
Technology and Photocopying/Music Library/Licensing Fee – $40.00
- Access to campus-wide wireless internet (Must have U.S. cell phone number)
- Access to the Heifetz Institute music library and photocopying privileges, including payment of compulsory licenses to music publication agencies
Medical Services – $40.00
- Staff supervised medication
- 24/7 coverage and transportation to and from local health care facilities, including emergency room service
Student ID – $25.00
- Mandatory for access to on-campus dining facilities
- Includes free admission to local YMCA
- Free admission to all Heifetz events
Scholarships and Financial Aid:
Every successful applicant to the Heifetz Institute Double Bass Workshop will be automatically eligible for up to $750 in merit scholarship awards. Students wishing to be considered for a great amount of financial aid will be required to fill out the Financial Aid portion of the application thoroughly and carefully. The Heifetz Institute application fee cannot be waived and is not subject to financial assistance.