The Heifetz International Music Institute iwill be holding Live Auditions for the 2020 Heifetz Baroque program at New England Conservatory on Sunday, February 16, 2020. We encourage singers interested in attending the three week Heifetz Baroque Vocal Workshop to audition in person.
Live Audition Instructions:
- Click the “Register Now” button for the date/location of your preferred live audition location. You will be redirected to an Eventbrite page.
- Select the “ticket” corresponding to the audition time you’d like to sign up for.
- Please be sure to fill out your information as it is or will be entered on your online application.
- Please arrive to the audition site at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time. There will be a warm up space.
- A recitative and aria from a Handel opera or oratorio, sung in in Italian.
- An aria (recitative optional) from a work by Henry Purcell, sung in English. (The 2020 Heifetz Baroque Workshop will culminate with two productions of Dido and Aeneas at the Shakespearian-replica Blackfriars Playbouse.)
- An aria from a Bach cantata or oratorio, sung in German.