Tuition, Room & Board – $5,900.00
- Weekly private lessons and/or classroom instruction and coachings with studio teachers
- Access to all other Institute instruction, Communication Training classes, master classes, group studio class, rehearsal time, etc.
- Room & Board, including air-condition single- or double-occupancy dorm rooms, dedicated practice rooms, dining facilities, and parking permits on the Mary Baldwin University campus in Staunton, VA
Student Activities & Transportation – $150.00
- Guaranteed transportation to and from IAD, CHO, or SHD airports and STA or CVS train stations
- Weekly student activities (ranging from hiking trips around the Shenandoah Valley to residence hall pizza parties)
- Transportation to and from student activity locations
Technology and Photocopying/Music Library Fee/Licensing Fee – $70.00
- Access to campus-wide wireless internet (Must have U.S. cell phone number)
- Access to the Heifetz Institute music library and photocopying privileges, including payment of compulsory licenses to music publication agencies
Medical Services – $60.00
- Access to on-campus nurse office
- 24/7 coverage and transportation to and from local health care facilities, including emergency room service
Student ID – $25.00
- Mandatory for access to on-campus dining facilities
- Free admission to local YMCA
- Grants free admission to all Heifetz events
Total – $6,205.00
Full and partial scholarships are available to qualified students. Scholarships are based primarily on demonstrated financial need, but merit is considered. Early applications are given first priority consideration. We also recommend that you investigate grant and scholarship opportunities within your community (schools, religious groups, arts or civic organizations, community foundations, and private donors) for alternate sources of financial aid.
Applicants are required to submit two recent videos to the Heifetz International Music Institute portal via Acceptd. One piece must be virtuosic in nature, and the other must be lyrical. For full details about audition requirements, click here.
The Heifetz Institute typically accepts students between the ages of 13 and 25. However, students of all ages are welcome to apply, as exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The application deadline is January 31, 2018. Late applications will be accepted if space is available. Submit your application by December 31, 2017 to save $15 on your application fee.