We have made the difficult decision that we will be unable to hold the physical Heifetz International Music Institute on the Mary Baldwin University campus in Staunton in summer 2020. We now invite you to join us in participating in a new venture: a virtual Heifetz Institute for Summer 2020. As a Scholarship Team member, you are making a tremendous commitment to be part of an invaluable musical enterprise this summer. All lessons and instruction will be conducted via video conferencing, and will closely follow the overall structure and schedule of the Institute’s normal operations. We will continue to connect students with our community of music lovers, supporters, and patrons both locally and worldwide via The Heifetz Digital Concert Hall. We always treasure your support, but in this moment your generosity will help us face the task ahead with all our energy. Though the challenges presented by the global pandemic cannot be understated, with your help we are determined to continue the Institute’s vital role in shaping the lives and future careers of young musicians who have the the power to Communicate – Engage – Inspire even in these trying times.
To field 8 teams each raising a minimum of a full-scholarship ($2,975) and up to two full scholarships ($5,950).
As a Scholarship Team member, you will:
- Receive an introductory email about your Sponsor Student in advance of the Summer Institute, complete with bio, photos, and links to performance/audition videos
- Receive periodic electronic updates directly from your student, including email messages, video updates, and audio recordings
- View an online Master Class led by Heifetz Institute faculty
- Receive direct links to view all performance videos of your Sponsor Student from throughout the summer Institute
- Attend a Virtual Potluck House Concert in which your Scholarship Team members and your
- Sponsor Student will convene online via an exclusive video conference
Want to help, but don’t know enough people who might give to form a team?
Consider Team Heifetz – a pool of people just like you, who want to participate, but who aren’t sure they can pull together enough people to make a full team on their own. This team will be routed through the Institute, which will either assign you to an existing team that needs you, or pool you together with nine others like you.
If you would like to lead or join a team, or have any further questions, please fill out the contact form below or email the Scholarship Team Coordinator, Andrew Green at: email@example.com.