As a Scholarship Team member, you will personally sponsor a gifted student and provide them the opportunity to attend the Institute! You and your fellow team members will help to fulfill our mission of training exceptional young musicians to become well-rounded communicative artists. Your involvement will be a vital part of our ambitious goal to field 10 teams, each raising a minimum of a half-scholarship ($3,100) and up to a full scholarship ($6,200). These funds are of vital importance if we are to continue to enroll the most promising students from around the globe, and to take the financial burden of education off of their backs. For most applicants, Heifetz is their first-choice summer program – the amount of scholarship support we are able to offer is the critical determining factor in enrolling them. Aside from your financial support, your involvement will strengthen the social bonds of your community by providing a forum for like-minded individuals to come together through their love of the arts, and you will contribute to expanding diversity in the Shenandoah Valley by supporting the Institute and its global outreach, which attracts students and faculty from across the globe.
As a Scholarship Team member, you will:
- Receive an introductory email about your Sponsor Student in advance of the Summer Institute, complete with bio, photos, and links to performance/audition videos
- Enjoy an informal Ice Cream Social Meet & Greet (June 28) during the Institute’s opening weekend to welcome your Sponsor Student to town
- Enjoy access to Sponsor Saturday (July 11), including attendance at an exclusive Master Class led by Heifetz Artistic Director Nicholas Kitchen and other teaching faculty at which you will go behind the scenes to observe the unique training methods in action; plus complementary tickets to the Heifetz Hootenanny (July 11) and Sunday Matinee (July 12)
- Attend a Potluck Dinner & House Concert (August 5) hosted by your team leader during the final week of the Institute, at which your Sponsor Student will stage a brief interactive performance exclusively for you and your fellow team members while you break bread together
New for 2020 – Remote Scholarship Teams
Not a Staunton local, but still want to support a deserving student and receive the best of these exclusive benefits? Consider joining a Remote Scholarship Team. Similar in concept to the regular Scholarship Team program, you and your colleagues will personally sponsor a gifted student, but you need not be in the Shenandoah Valley, or even in the same location as each other for that matter.
As a Remote Scholarship Team member, you will:
● Receive an introductory email about your Sponsor Student in advance of the Summer Institute, complete with bio, photos, and links to performance/audition videos
● Receive periodic updates directly from your student, as well as video footage of every public performance by your Sponsor Student during the Institute
● Be invited to join us on campus at Mary Baldwin University to attend Sponsor Saturday (July 11), which will feature:
- Invitation to arrive Saturday morning
- Discount local hotel room rates
- Admission to the Master Class on Saturday afternoon
- Complementary Tickets to the Saturday night Heifetz Hootenanny
- Complementary Sunday breakfast buffet for remote team members only
- Complementary Tickets to the 1pm Sunday Matinee concert
Want to help, but don’t know enough people who might give to form a team?
Consider Team Heifetz – a pool of people just like you, who want to participate, but who aren’t sure they can pull together enough people to make a full team on their own. This team will be routed through the Institute, which will either assign you to an existing team that needs you, or pool you together with nine others like you. Please consider being a Team Heifetz host, at whose home the potluck dinner/house concert can take place if needed. (A guiding principle behind this important initiative is that is should create minimal additional work for Institute staff. Your leadership is greatly appreciated.)
If you would like to lead or join a team, or have any further questions, please fill out the contact form below or email the Scholarship Team Coordinator, Andrew Green at: email@example.com.