Lead or join a team of friends and family who pool their resources in order to sponsor and provide a scholarship for a deserving #Heifetz2019 student!
As a Scholarship Team member, you will personally sponsor a gifted student and help to provide them the opportunity to attend the Institute! You and your fellow team members will help to fulfill our mission of training exceptional young musicians to become well-rounded communicative artists. Your involvement will be a vital part of our ambitious goal to field 10 teams, each raising a minimum of a half-scholarship ($3,100) and up to a full scholarship ($6,200). This will set us on our path to becoming a need-blind institution in which the groundbreaking training methods provided by our peerless faculty will be accessible to the most promising young musicians regardless of financial status. Aside from your finanicial support, your involvement will strengthen the social bonds of our community by providing a forum for like-minded individuals to come together through their love of the arts. You will contribute to expanding diversity in the Shenandoah Valley by supporting the Institute and its global outreach, which attracts students and faculty from across the globe.
As a Scholarship Team member, you will:
● Receive information about your Sponsor Student no later than June 1, 2019
● Enjoy an on-campus meet-and-greet/Q&A with your Sponsor Student shortly after the Institute begins (late June)
● Be invited to attend (at the student’s and faculty members’ discretion) either a private lesson, chamber music coaching session, or studio performance class
● Be invited to attend a potluck dinner hosted by your team leader, at which your Sponsor Student will perform a brief interactive house concert exclusively for you and your fellow team members
● Be recognized in the 2019 program book, in promotional and fundraising materials, and asked to stand and be recognized at the Grand Finale and Farewell Feast, to be held with students on campus on August 9, 2019. (You may also remain anonymous if preferred)
● Receive the coveted Heifetz logo instrument case sticker
Want to help, but don’t know enough people who might give to form a team?
Consider Team Heifetz – a pool of people just like you, who want to participate, but who aren’t sure they can pull together enough people to make a full team on their own. This team will be routed through the Institute, which will either assign you to an existing team that needs you, or pool you together with nine others like you. Please consider being a Team Heifetz host, at whose home the potluck dinner/house concert can take place if needed. (A guiding principle behind this important initiative is that is should create minimal additional work for Institute staff. Your leadership is greatly appreciated.)
If you would like to lead or join a team, or have any further questions, please fill out the contact form below or email the Scholarship Team Coordinator, Andrew Green at: email@example.com.